ONLINE APPLICATION FOR TAXPAYER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (TIN)
The National Revenue Authority wishes to inform the general public that it has completed the rollout of the issuance of TIN on its online platform in the Integrated Tax Administration System (ITS) for Domestic Tax Administration.
Effective Monday 15th May 2023 onwards, individuals and businesses can now apply for TIN remotely through the ITAS system by going through the following steps:
Go to the NRA website - www.nra.gov.sl
1. Select ITAS
2. Click on 'applicant' and enter email and password.
3. Confirm email and click on registration.
4. Complete registration details
5. Submit registration form together with the relevant attachments including:
(a) National Identification Number (NIN) for individuals and business registration documents for companies and other businesses.
6. Application Reference Number will be generated immediately.
7. Application from the backend will be vetted and approved within 24 hours.
8. System sends an email of TIN certificate to the applicant.
The public is encouraged to use the online portal services on a 24-hour basis to reduce compliance costs accordingly.
For further enquiries, taxpayers can make use of the help desk services situated at the Domestic Tax Department Headquarters at 11-13 ECOWAS Street Freetown.
BY ORDER OF THE COMMISSIONER-GENERAL