RE-ADVERTISEMENT FOR MEDICAL RETAINER SERVICE PROVIDER
Procurement Number NRA/HR/EOI/2021/002.
The National Revenue Authority has set aside funds for its operations. It is intended that part of the proceeds of the funds will be used to cover eligible payments, under a framework contract for the provision of Medical Retainer Services.
The NRA has a medical scheme that is run by the National Insurance Company (NIC).
The Insurance policy is supported by several Doctors, Hospitals/Clinics, and Pharmacies throughout the country. One of the Doctor’s roles amongst others is to provide medical care to employees by examining patients and treating diseases and making referrals for further treatment elsewhere – mostly outside the country when necessary.
Over the past two years, the new NRA administration has been fraught with series of referral cases from various Doctors for which the administration had often found it difficult to take decisions.
To circumvent this difficulty, the NRA administration has decided to seek the services of a Medical Retainer (Medical Firm) to handle all referral cases from the different NIC retainer Doctors and advise Management accordingly.
In view of the above, the NRA is looking for a Medical Firm with responsible Doctors who are highly knowledgeable in the treatment of diseases, epidemiology, and other conditions and can interpret symptoms and diagnose conditions.
- To review all medical referrals from the NIC Retainer Doctors for further treatment outside the country and advise Management accordingly.
- Liaise with referral Hospitals/Doctors for admission of staff referred for further treatment outside the country and advise management on cost and related issues.
- Examine and report to Management, cases of staff who are due to be Boarded.
- Prescribe and interpret lab tests to obtain more information for underlying infections or abnormalities and advise Management/patient accordingly.
- Endeavour to reach an informed diagnosis based on scientific knowledge and the staff’s medical history.
- Examine reports/recommendations from NIC Retainer Doctors on the health status of staff and make recommendations for management attention.
- Inform patients about the advantages, disadvantages, risks and alternatives regarding proposed treatment or operation.
- Provide adequate follow-up to the patient on treatment/operation in a referral hospital in/outside of country and inform the Commissioner General from time to time.
- Serve as Referral Doctors for verifying and certifying the health status of selected applicants for job in the NRA and advise Management accordingly before recruiting the applicant.
- Provide consultation services to NRA staff.
- Any other duty as the Board may prescribe from time to time.
Mode of Application:
Sealed proposals must be marked on the outer envelope ‘Expression of interest for the Provision of Medical Retainer Services’, delivered to the below office on or before 10:30 am on Friday 24th June 2021 at The Procurement Unit, 4th Floor, 18 Wellington Street, Freetown and must be accompanied by the following documentation.
- A certified true copy of a valid Business Registration Certificate
- A certified true copy of a valid NRA Tax Clearance Certificate
- A certified true copy of a valid NASSIT Clearance Certificate
- Evidence of similar contract for at least 5 years including proposes technical team members.
Interested Bidders may obtain further information at The Procurement Unit, 4th Floor, 18 Wellington Street, Freetown from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm Mondays to Fridays except on public holidays.
The National Revenue Authority now invites interested Medical Practitioners/Medical Firms to submit their proposals for the Provision of Medical Retainer Services.
Only shortlisted Practitioners/Farms will be contacted to submit detailed Technical and Financial proposals, for further evaluation and final award of the contract.
The closing date for all proposals is 24th June 2021.
No document will be accepted after this date.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.