REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTERESTS FOR “ARCHITECTURAL CONSULTANCY SERVICES.”
In line with its Modernisation programme, the National Revenue Authority (NRA) is undergoing major reforms aimed at modernising its operations and infrastructures to meet the requirements of modern times. The NRA is therefore seeking Expression of Interests form competent Architect who will be responsible for creating, evaluating and manipulating designs for new construction projects and redevelopments to meet the needs of the NRA. He/she will use specialist construction knowledge and high-level drawing skills to design buildings that are functional, safe, sustainable and aesthetically pleasing. The prospective Architect shall be a Master’s degree holder in Architecture, Design or related fields from a recognized institution with15+ years’ experience working in architectural design in a corporate environment and must be a member of the Sierra Leone Institute of Architecture.
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR ARCHITECTURAL CONSULTANCY SERVICES
This consultancy assignment is in regards to the provision of engineering and architectural services for National Revenue Authority, Sierra Leone.
The provision of engineering and architectural services foreseen in the context of this assignment comprises primarily the services in three categories namely
- the preparation of design and drawings including their approval;
- preparation of bid documents including specifications and Bill of Quantities (BOQ) required for procurement of works and;
- supervision services for the completion of works.
1.0 CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
The CONSULTANT ARCHITECT shall:
- Perform the duties of an architect and project manager in all matters relating to infrastructural development on behalf of the CLIENT;
- Acts on behalf of the CLIENT and shall have authority to direct, oversee and revise work as deemed necessary;
- Represents interest of the CLIENT at all times in the discharge of duties in relation to infrastructural and real estate development projects as directed by the CLIENT;
- Design or supervise the design of all the CLIENT infrastructural projects;
- Advise the CLIENT on the engagement of the service of architectural firms, engineers and quality surveyors and coordinate their service on behalf of the CLIENT;
- Read and interpret drawings, designs, bills of quantity schedules of materials, survey plans and other technical documents fully and completely advise the CLIENT on the advantages and disadvantages of each as the case may be for informed decision making by management;
- Give professional advice to the CLIENT on project conception, implementation and ensure satisfactory completion;
- Coordinate and supervise all surveys of the CLIENT’S properties leased or owned, and assist in the acquisition of properties for the CLIENT;
- COORDINATE THE ANALYSIS OF ALL TENDERS RELATING TO INFRASTRUCTURE FOR THE CLIENT in collaboration with other consultants, wherever applicable, prepares contract and advice on the appointment of a works contract;
2.1 That the duration of the aforementioned Agreement shall be Two (2) years in the first instance commencing on the date of the execution of this Agreement renewable for such period as will be determined by the CLIENT.
3.0 INSTRUCTIONS TO INTERESTED CONSULTANTS
Interested consultants should obtain further information at The Procurement Unit, 1st Floor, 17 Wellington Street, Freetown between the hours 9:am and 4;pm, Mondays to Friday throughout the advert period.
Sealed proposals must mark on the outer envelope Expression of Interest (EOI) for “ARCHITECTURAL CONSULTANCY SERVICES”, delivered to the above office on or before 4pm on Friday 14th December, 2018.
The National Revenue Authority now invites interested consultants to submit their proposals.
Late submission will be rejected automatically. Only shortlisted consultant(s) will be contacted.