Customs Export Procedure Codes:
EX 1 – Export of goods originating from Sierra Leone
EX 2 – Temporary Exportation
EX 3 – Re-Exportation (Imported on IM 5)
EXPORT CLEARANCE PROCESS:
Hires a clearing and forwarding agent and submits documents relating to the export.
- Apply for the export permit (if required) from the relevant ministry.
- Apply for approval to export to the Commissioner of Customs.
- Request container allocation from Shipping Agency.
- Registers a declaration (SCD) in the Customs ASYCUDA System, generates an assessment notice and attached transport, transaction and other documents provided by the exporter.
Make payment is shown on Assessment Notice to the pre-payment account of the Clearing and Forwarding Agency (SCD Processing Fees ONLY).
Customs Log Room:
- Face vets registered export declaration, and all attachments verified.
- Rejection may apply to imperfect declarations.
- Selectivity will direct all export declarations to the Red lane.
- Red Lane Declarations
- Customs witness stuffing of the container at the exporter's warehouse.
- At the quay, Customs authorize scanning of the consignment.
- Examining officer completes Inspection and forward SCD for the Chief Examiner for verification.
- Chief Examiner verifies inspection report.
- SCD is assessed if found to be error free but will be queried if it is in error.
Customs generates System Release Order.
Sierra Leone Ports Authority (SLPA) Delivery:
On receipt of Customs Release Order, SLPA releases consignment for export.
Vessel acknowledges receipt of the consignment aboard.
Transit is a facility available to operators that allow the movement of goods across international borders under customs control while ensuring that any charges due on those goods in their country of destination are secured.
Transit from Sierra Leone is guided by the GOVERNMENT OF MEMBER STATES OF THE ECONOMIC COMMUNITY OF WEST AFRICAN STATES SUPPLEMENTARY CONVENTION A/SP.1/5/90 ESTABLISHING A COMMUNITY GUARANTEE MECHANISM FOR INTER-STATE ROAD TRANSIT OF GOODS http://www.comm.ecowas.int/sec/?id=asp010590&lang=en